Monday, May 17, 2010

Planting Guide

I think the biggest question we get is, "When do I plant...?" Here's a link to the Jefferson County (TX) Planting Guide. This is the planting dates I go by and I rarely vary from this. The only time I varied was due to Hurricane Rita and that garden didn't produce well. At this time of the year, the only thing you have left to plant is okra. Our okra was a bumper crop last year. It's easy to grow in our climate and easy to store. We eat some, freeze some (blanch first), can some, and dehydrate some.

Here's the link: http://jefferson-tx.tamu.edu/publications/PlantingGuide.pdf

For those of you outside of Jefferson County, search the internet for your local county extension office.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting blog. Nate sent your CF question to me. I am Tricia's mom.

    ReplyDelete